How much does a new roof cost? Putting a new roof on your house is no small job. Every home is a little different so pricing can vary, however, you can you expect to pay between $6,000- $11,000 for a new roof. Why such a wide price range? Roofers take into account many factors when determining the cost of your new roof.
Repair vs Replace
- An entirely new roof will cost about ten times as much as a normal repair job, so consider the current condition of your existing roof before your budget.
- The pitch will directly affect the cost of a new roof. According to Angie’s List, a roof with a 7:12 ratio or higher isn’t walkable, and will often cost more than a flatter roof because it will require special installation equipment.
- There is a wide range of roofing materials that fall into even wider price ranges. Asphalt roofs can help you save money, slate and copper rack up the dollar signs, and standing seam metal falls right in the mid-range.
- Homes with chimneys and skylights will require more costly roof installations because it will take more time for roofers to work around them.
- Roofers measure jobs in “squares” or 10×10 sections. If your roof is 1,000 square feet, that is 10 squares. Once you know the size of your roof in squares, a professional roofer can easily estimate the total removal and installation costs.
If you have questions about how much a new roof would cost you, you can contact us here at McDonough Construction, we would be happy to help.